Sunday, March 24, 2013

iPad Apps & Tidbits

As many of you know, I've resigned from being full-time at my beloved Hawkins County for a career at the collegiate level. I've been so humbled by the outpouring of love and support from my colleagues. Many of you have emailed me and I appreciate the kind words. I was shocked at how many teachers emailed me to inquire as to whether or not I was going to keep the blog (you know this one that I rarely post on). Apparently there are several of you that 'look' but don't 'follow' this blog. With this in mind, I'll try my best to do a better job at posting when I find something of interest.  Feel free to actually 'follow' instead of just 'cruising' the blog :-)
Otherwise, if you Tweet @hcs_tech, I've tried to keep it more current.

Apps
  • Mooklet - build a story with pics & add words
  • Storyrobe - add audio to pics & build a story
  • Book Creator- create books w/ images, words, video - paid app but worth it 
  • Trading Cards - very cool! Have students build & review material
  • WOTR - build words 
  • ClassDojo - app for tracking behavior and 'rewarding' students
  • Zondle - AWESOME! Review games on the website and app
  • Scootpad - AWESOME! Review Math & LA based on common core content
  • Math 7 - negative #'s, absolute value, order of operation
  • Science 8 - matter, geology, weather
  • Word Thief - thief takes letters & you spell the words to get them back
  • Rocket Speller - beginning speller - shows the word & kids organize the letters
  • Word Seek - see how many different words you can build
  • Math Bingo - add, subtract, multiple, divide with Bingo
  • Action Movie - cause and effect...just plain FUN!
  • Tootastic - build your story & video all in one stop
  • Think fast - mission about the past
  • Bubbsie - take a picture & add a word bubble
  • Word Abacus - use the abacus to create words
  • MathJam - flipcards
  • Numerosity - basic arithmetic free, simple addition answer correctly to keep the dog happy
  • Biography - facts about historical figures
  • MyCQs - create quizzes
  • Opposites - addictive!

App Resources
~great websites that have done the work for you~
Appitic - fabulous site & 1 of my fav's! The apps are broke down by content area, Bloom's, Teacher, or Theme!
Whitsitts Lab - K-4 & PD & Apptivities & More!
EducApps - Apps listed by content area in a pdf...kind of busy but has good apps
 
Suggestion
I suggest signing up on http://happipapi.com where teachers can 'try'
apps out for developers. I average 1 free code per 6 weeks and several of the apps have been awesome! In fact, if you see a paid app in the list above, I actually got it for free from happipappi!

No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to leave your thoughts here: